Restore-SPSite Error

I deleted a site collection then I tried to restore a backup of it when I got the following error

“Restore-SPSite : The operation that you are attempting to perform cannot be com

pleted successfully. No content databases in the web application were availabl
e to store your site collection. The existing content databases may have reach
ed the maximum number of site collections, or be set to read-only, or be offlin
e, or may already contain a copy of this site collection. Create another conte
nt database for the Web application and then try the operation again.
At line:1 char:15
+ Restore-SPSite <<<< -Identity http://mol-moss-intra -Path “C:\Production Bui
ld 19-1-2012\MOLBackup\MOL.bak”
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Share…dletRestoreSite:
SPCmdletRestoreSite) [Restore-SPSite], InvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdletRestoreS
ite”

In order to resolve the issue I had to do the following

  1. Open SharePoint Central Administration.
  2. Navigate to Application Management -> Manage Content Databases
  3. Select the Web Application
  4. Select Add a content database
  5. Specify the required information
  6. Re-run the Restore-SPSite command once more.
Advertisements

Sharepoint 2010 Configuration Wizard Error: System.ServiceProcess.TimeoutException: Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed.

While creating a VPC, I installed Windows Server 2008 R2, Visual Studio 2010 RC  and then the Sharepoint 2010 RC.  I stumbled upon the following error while running the Sharepoint 2010 Configuration Wizard “Error: System.ServiceProcess.TimeoutException: Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed.” It occurred twice on Configuration task 5 of 10; the first time when the status was “Successfully installed service instance: Sharepoint Server Search.”


Sharepoint Server Search

Sharepoint Server Search

In order to fix this error, I opened the Services, changed the log on of the service named “Sharepoint Server Search V14” from local service to local system and started the service manually while the wizard was still running.

The second time when the status was “Successfully installed service instance: Sharepoint Foundation Search”.

Sharepoint Foundation Search

Sharepoint Foundation Search

This time I changed the log on of the service named “Sharepoint Foundation Search V4” from local service to local system and started the service manually.

Afterwards, the configuration wizard completed successfully.