January 23, 2012 Leave a comment
I deleted a site collection then I tried to restore a backup of it when I got the following error
“Restore-SPSite : The operation that you are attempting to perform cannot be com
pleted successfully. No content databases in the web application were availabl
e to store your site collection. The existing content databases may have reach
ed the maximum number of site collections, or be set to read-only, or be offlin
e, or may already contain a copy of this site collection. Create another conte
nt database for the Web application and then try the operation again.
At line:1 char:15
+ Restore-SPSite <<<< -Identity http://mol-moss-intra -Path “C:\Production Bui
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Share…dletRestoreSite:
SPCmdletRestoreSite) [Restore-SPSite], InvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdletRestoreS
In order to resolve the issue I had to do the following
- Open SharePoint Central Administration.
- Navigate to Application Management -> Manage Content Databases
- Select the Web Application
- Select Add a content database
- Specify the required information
- Re-run the Restore-SPSite command once more.